- Byword to edit text files in
DropboxiCloud. Text files are awesome!
- Anki for learning new words.
- 7 MWC, the seven minute workout.
- Scorekeeper XL for tracking board game scores.
- Sleep Cycle to analyze sleep and snoring
- Echofon for reading twitter.
- Amazon Audible for audiobooks. It also plays the iTunes audio books.
- Blinkist for book summaries
Open Broadcaster Software
Audiobook Binder converts mp3 files into a iTunes friendly Audiobook.
Arq for daily cloud backup. I use it with AWS and a monthly budget of 4 USD.
Other macOS apps
- Spotify with ad blocker Spotifree
- iStat Menu to keep an overview of the network traffic and the CPU usage.
- ImageOptim is a nice app to shrink or compress JPG/PNG. Has optional lossy minification.
- PNG Crunch for insane PNG image optimization.
- SiteSucker to download websites.
- Evernote - to backup articles. Too often I had to find out that a referenced website disappeared.
- 1Password - (also check out free alternative Bitwarden)
- AdGuard AdBlocker
- Discovery - known as Bonjour Browser
- SnippetsLab - to manage code snippets.
- Handbrake and Handbrake Batch for video converting
- FSNotes - simple textfile editor
- Fork - Git client
- DaisyDisk - analyze disk usage
- USB Overdrive - bind keys to anything you want
- Developer Color Picker
- PDFScanner - scan PDFs with OCR
- Postman - debug REST APIs
- MacDown - Markdown editor for macOS
- Timing - for time tracking
- Textual with Linkinus Theme - IRC client
- DevCleaner for Xcode
- Godot - to make games
- Carbon Copy Cloner - to mirror my system drive onto an external disk. I do this weekly to have a backup system ready.
Special mention: AOMEI Backupper
This was the only tool capable of copying a big Windows partition from a harddrive to a smaller SSD. Every other copy tool stopped with the error: partition size must match.